Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Best Bread Machine Rolls I ever Ate!



      This week is getting off to a slow start. I have been concentrating on cleaning up clutter and I fully intended to get an early start on the basement since my boys are away for a few days. The trouble is Pinterest called out to me, and since I was alone for a change, I couldn't help but play a little. Three hours later... Okay, it's true I am a Pinterest-aholic, but I am in recovery. I just needed to find a recipe for my bread machine, and wham! I was in so deep that I lost all track of time! I seriously need a computer chastity belt!
    In all seriousness, I found the perfect recipe for my bread machine... Bread Machine Rolls! These rolls are so good and so easy to make that I make them almost daily. I was never a fan of the bread machine, and Hubby thinks that the bread is awful compared to the hand-kneaded loaves that I usually bake. I actually got into a debate with a friend over using a bread machine. I was so hardcore homestead that I couldn't see her point, that these machines are convenient for working folks. And I do declare, I was stubborn back then. When I went to work in the corporate world, I missed homemade bread, so I broke down and bought a used bread maker at Goodwill for $15. No, I did not fall instantly in love, in fact the machine went into the closet and until recently hadn't seen the light of day for quite some time. But then I found this recipe for Buttery Bread Machine Rolls on Positivelysplendid.com and pulled my bread maker from the mothballs to give it a try. Everyone- hubby, my children, and all four cats agree that these are some of the best rolls they have ever eaten! The reason? Well, they are light and yummy, of course! And I can set the machine to make dough, go wash the dishes and tidy the house, then  bake the dough in my oven instead of the machine itself. Everyone is happy and we have home baked bread every night with dinner. There you have it. The bread machine as a time and labor saving devise. Works for me! Now on to the dough!



Best Bread Machine Dinner Rolls I ever tasted!






Buttery Bread Machine Rolls
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs 
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 
4 cups bread flour
 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 

In your  bread   machine pan, place all   the ingredients in order  listed above. Select dough setting. When the cycle has finished, turn  the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 equal portions.You may shape the dough  into balls, but I like the free formed style of dough hunks. (See how pretty they look all snuggled up to one another). Place in a greased 9 x13-inch baking pan. Cover or brush with oil and let rise in a warm place for one hour.( I set  mine on top of  my coffee maker). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (I almost over browned mine in this photo. Be careful!)
     Ta-Da!  Now eat them all up before word gets out. Oh, and also, this dough makes a pretty good doughnut. I just add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar to the bread maker. I plan to have a future post about my doughnut exploits. Until then, just admire the sweet, drippy goodness of this lovely photo. :)

 
The dough also makes a respectable doughnut.

Traveling at the speed of life.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...