Monday, July 21, 2014

A Sink Project: Pretty Vintage Bottles


vintage, bottles, sink, dishes, detergent, dish washing
     Sometimes I have a post so simple that I wonder if it is even worth posting. This is such a post. Pretty Vintage Bottles fitted with cute little nozzles, ( like those found in the bar section of the department stores), make for some pretty nifty dispensers for liquid dish detergent. Not only are they lovely to look at, it dresses up an area that is difficult to dress... the kitchen sink. See mine below...



vintage bottles, dish washing liquid, washing dishes
      I found these two vintage liqueur bottles at a little antiques shop in the next town over and paid about $5.00 each for them! They add just the right pop of color amidst the gray counter top and stainless sink area. However, I can't take full credit for the idea. I borrowed it from Martha Stewart years ago. It was one of her Good Things. I think it makes my sink look happier and homey-er.
     Notice how I have more than one kind of detergent? One is for grease cutting and the other is for regular dish washing. (Martha suggests using white vinegar in one bottle. I have done this as well. ). Why waste expensive detergent on ordinary dish cleaning. That would be overkill. Another good point to bring up is packaging. I bet you think its an awful waste of packaging to buy two detergents, am I right? I buy the biggest size I can find, which is usually the refill size. I refill these adorable bottles instead of buying multiple bottles in smaller sizes. I then go on to find useful ways to reuse the larger bottles, such as making up my own household cleaning products and using the larger bottles to store them, or I simply recycle the empty plastic containers.
old green truck
Traveling at the speed of life.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...